WHAT IS MILD STEEL (MS) PIPES?
Kanak Metal & Alloys is an Mild steel pipes manufacturer and supplier in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. We provide all types grades of Mild steel pipes most importantly grades such as IS 1239 steel pipes manufacturer and suppliers, ERW Black steel pipes manufacturer and suppliers, Galvanized steel pipes manufacturer and suppliers, Pre-Galvanized steel pipes manufacturer and suppliers, Rectangle steel pipes manufacturer and suppliers, Square steel pipes manufacturer and suppliers and many more.
Posted 4 months ago in Newspapers, updated 4 months ago.
WHAT IS MILD STEEL (MS) PIPES?
Steel Industry is huge and to know which steel to use for a particular purpose require expert opinion as this steel has a wide selection of steel options. Numerous Types of Steel each with different categories, grades are available out in the market, each of them has its own specific set of properties, benefits and potential drawbacks.
Among one such category is Mild Steel, let us understand about Mild Steel and Mild Steel Pipes in Detail.
So, what is Mild Steel?
Mild Steel is the most common steel used and is the least expensive among other steel products. Mild Steel also known as “low carbon Steel” is a type of steel which contains a smaller percentage of carbon and is strong and easily worked but not readily tempered or hardened. Mild Steel is hard, durable, weldable, and it rusts easily because it is used in every type of product which is created from steel. Automobile chassis, cookware, motorcycle components are some of the components which are made using Mild Steel.
What are Mild Steel Pipes?
MS pipe stands for Mild Steel pipe. These pipes are used mainly in industries as well as in engineering applications where corrosive fluids are in use. Along with this, MS pipes are used for the supply of drinking water i.e. Plumbing, Firefighting and HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning). Mild steel doesn't corrode because it is coated with paints, varnish and other metals which makes them long lasting and work under highly critical conditions. Moreover, MS Pipes can with stand up to certain temperature. As MS Pipes are made from mild steel they can easily be welded and formed in various shapes and sizes for pipelining and tubing purposes.
Features of MS Pipes:
Below mentioned are the most common and important features of Mild Steel Pipes
· Mild Steel Pipes are Stronger
· MS pipe has high amount of Iron and ferrite which makes it magnetic.
· MS Pipes has a life span of 100 Years or More
· Subject to oxidation if not properly coated.
· Affordable when compared to other Steels
· Contains Low percent Carbon
· MS Pipes Can be welded Easily
· Both pipes and tubes have a high Tensile Strength
· MS Pipes are readily available and is easy to fabricate.
· MS pipes comply with ASTM Specifications.
MS Pipe Specifications:
MS pipe Size: 15NB to 900NB
MS pipe Width: 500 – 2500 mm
MS pipe Length: 500 – 10000 mm
MS pipe Type: Seamless MS steel Pipes / Welded MS steel Pipes / Fabricated MS steel Pipes
Applications of MS Pipes:
Now, that we are aware about what is Mild Steel and what is Mild Steel Pipes, let us now look at the applications areas where Mild Steel Pipes are used:
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Structural purposes
· Mild Steel Pipes used in Automobile Industry
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Industrial Applications
· Mild Steel Pipes uses in Furniture and decorations
· Mild Steel Pipes uses in Structural Steel
· Mild Steel Pipes uses in Machines
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Mechanical purpose
· Mild Steel Pipes used for General Engineering
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Domestic applications
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Galvanized Steel Fencing
· Mild Steel Pipes uses in Road Barriers
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Agriculture and Irrigation
· Mild Steel Pipes used at Parking Barriers
· Mild Steel Pipes used at Road Side Railings
· Mild Steel Pipes used in Oil Pipelines
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Steel Gates and Windows
· Mild Steel Pipes used for Water steel pipes
The above-listed features and applications areas reflect that MS pipes emerge as highly useful forms of pipes used in a variety of industries.